Friday, December 5, 2008

Interview: The Voyces' Jude Kastle


1.) Tell me about your coming to be a part of The Voyces. How did it happen?

That's such a deep question. Sitting here trying to sum up the path of my whole life in one sentence.



2.) How would you compare The Voyces with other groups you've played or play with?


No comparison.


3.) How much creative input do you have during recording?


I have as much input as I want. Brian and I are partners.


4.) What is your favorite Voyces song to sing?


"Where The Little Girls Still Throw Roses."


5.) You have two solo albums (Ghost of a Girl and Junkie for Fire). Do you still write songs? Will any of the songs you have written ever show up on a Voyces album?


Maybe, but I don't think they're good enough.



6.) What artists most inspire you?


WOW .......WHOA.....um .......Brian Wurschum, Dolly Parton, Paul McCartney, Christine McVie, Los Lobos, Rush, Willie Nelson, Led Zeppelin, and The Eagles.



7.) Can you tell me about your upcoming album?


It's going to be our best record yet. Easily the best songs we've ever written and I'm really excited about it.



8.) Your harmonies with Brian (Wurschum) are incredible. Does it take a long time to get them to sound so tight?


We work out the harmonies but it comes pretty naturally.



9.) You and Brian make performing look effortless. I have never seen either of you appear to struggle. Is that an illusion? Is performing ever difficult for you?


No. It's not difficult. It's a joy and a pleasure. Performing has never been difficult for me but performing with The Voyces is special.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jude you are the bee's knees.